Sunday, December 8, 2013

Which Animal Takes the Logest Nap?

Introduction

When fall comes to an end and the temerature drops, winter is here. Did you ever watch a movie or show of an animal who takes a long nap in the winter. Well thats called hibernation. Hibernation is not actually a long nap the animals are in some sort of coma. Some animals migrate but some stay. Before winter they eat as much food as possible. Then during winter they go somewhere warm and "sleep". Many different animals do this. Because of cartoon shows when people think of hibernating they think of bears only.


                                  

My Opinion

If I had the option to either migrate or hibernate I would hibernate. If I migrate I would have to move a lot. I like to stay in one place because then I have to get used to everything all over again. I could just relax during the winter. I also would beable to experience all the different seasons instead of just summer all the time. It could also be good to migrate because I would beable to experience different places, and cool new things.

Five True Hibernaters                     Five Light Sleepers

1. Bears                                             1. Skunks
2. Wood Chucks                               2. Racoons
3. Bats                                               3. Opossums 
4. Squirrels                                        4. Frogs
5. Snakes                                           5. Turtles

Question of The week

I hope after reading this you have learned a lot about hibertation. I have a question. What if you had the choice to either hibernate or migrate what would you do? I said I would hibernate but I also think that migrating would be okay. What would you choose? If you figure it out post it in the comments.

This is the link I used to get my information

No comments:

Post a Comment