Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Animals Dream?

Intoduction

Do you have a pet? If so do you ever wonder what goes through its mind when it is sleeping? Have you ever had the thought of animals dreaming? Well if you did your right. Animals do dream when they sleep. If you ever watch an animal sleep you might be able to see it twitch. Did you ever wonder how scientists found out animals do dream? They couldn't just talk to the animal, so they did an experiment. They watched a trained rat go through a maze and recorded the brain activity of that rat. Next the watched a rat sleep and recorded its brain activity. When they were done they compared and found that the brain activity was almost the same. 

My Opinion

Many people don't believe animals actually dream. They want more proof. I on the other hand do believe animals dream. I have read and found information and facts about it. I have watched videos of the animals moving. I read all about the study the scientist did. I even saw my friend dog go to sleep and move around a lot. From all of this info I concluded that animals do dream. I also believe that if they are in a very deep sleep their dreams can be as advanced as humans. Sometimes they dream of past experiences and replay memories as dreams too.
                            This is a video of a dog moving in her sleep. As
                                           you can see they move very slightly because
                                           unlike humans they are not able to move their
                                           hands much because they don't have fingers.

Question of the Week

Do you believe animals dream? If you have and animal watch it when goes to sleep. Also do some research about it to answer the question. I do think animals dream even as advanced as humans some times. What do you think. If you do think they dream do you think more advanced then humans or less advanced. Remember to do your research and watch your pet. Post your answer in the comments.
Thanks!

Here is where I got most of my info
http://wonderopolis.org/wonder/do-animals-dream/

 

No comments:

Post a Comment