Monday, April 7, 2014

Are Their Huge Ears For Hearing?

Introduction

Have you ever seen an elephant? Well if you haven't there is a picture of one on the right hand side. What do you notice? I know the first thing I notice is its huge ears! When I see the huge ears I think elephants have great hearing, which could be true but that's not only what their used for. Elephants are very large so they must get very hot. What do they do with this extra heat you may ask. That's another purpose for their ears. Elephants have a blood vessel in their ears. When there temperature rises higher then it's supposed to, the extra heat comes out of their ears. 

My Opinion

Elephants heat comes out of their ears. Well when humans get too hot they sweat. Instead of heat coming out of our ears we sweat on our bodies. Which do you think is better? Would you rather sweat or have heat come out of your ears. Sweating is a normal thing for humans. Heat coming out of elephants ears is a normal thing for them. So if heat were to come out of my ears it would not feel normal. I would rather have what humans naturally have. 

Conclusion

Elephants are very interesting animals. You can find many facts about them. Your challenge is to research facts about elephants. If you find something cool share it with me. Write it in the comments!
Thanks!

This is where I got my info
http://wonderopolis.org/wonder/why-do-elephants-have-big-ears-2/
   

No comments:

Post a Comment