Monday, April 7, 2014

Is The Ocean In The Shell?

Introduction

Have you ever went to the beach and picked up a large seashell. When people find large seashells they tend to put the seashell to their ear to listen to the "ocean." What they think is that you can hear the ocean from inside the seashell. Is this true? Younger kids may think the ocean is actually in the shell. Another myth is people think it is the sound of your blood pumping. Others think it is the sound of the air flowing through the shell. Scientists proved both of these thoughts wrong. They did some experiments and came up to the belief that the sound comes from the echo of the noise in the air around you. Some people still don't believe that. 

Why I Chose This Topic

I also always like to listen to the ocean sounds in the shells whenever I see one. When I was younger I used to think that some how in a magical way the ocean and the shell were connected by some sort of string. I used that logic till I found out it was not actually the ocean I was hearing. The reason I chose this topic is because of that. I new you didn't actually hear the ocean, so I was wondering what you hear when you put the shell to your ear.

Closing 

Many people have different theories as to what the noises you hear in a shell are. Do you agree with the scientists or one of the myths? Or do you have your own theory. Whatever you think is true share with me. Write it in the comments!
Thanks!

Here is where I got my info
http://wonderopolis.org/wonder/can-you-really-hear-the-ocean-in-a-shell/

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the information.
    If you need more information for seashel click here

    ReplyDelete